Animal Abuse and Neglect *Online*
March 4th and 6th, 2021
FREE Public talk!
The Violence Link: The link between animal cruelty and Human Violence
Featuring Inspector Leslie Hadfield, Social Sciences Learning Manager, Atlantic Police Academy
Animal Abuse and Neglect
Featuring a keynote address from Dr. Rebecca Ledger, Animal Behaviour and Welfare Scientist from Langara College and a series of case studies presented by AVC faculty and the PEI Humane Society.
$40 Registration, FREE for students
Dairy Cow Welfare Assessment
September 20 – 21, 2019
PDFs of the speakers’ presentations are linked below:
- K Proudfoot: On-farm welfare assessment – How do we know if dairy cows have good welfare?
- N Douglas: proAction—Current cow welfare assessment on farm
- S McKenna: The role of the NFACC Dairy Code
- K Proudfoot: Reducing the risk of lameness and hock lesions by improving cow comfort
- K Proudfoot: Special needs housing from the cow’s perspective
additional resource: OABP 2019 Down Cattle Management (Quick Guide)
September 14 – 15, 2018
- Food for Thought: How we all kill whales (pdf) Dr. M Moore
- Interview with Dr. Michael Moore Sept 14 (CBC PEI Main Street, with host Angela Walker)
- Physical examination and assessment of cetaceans (pdf) Dr. A Ortenburger
- Live cetacean strandings, clinical management and response (pdf) Tonya Wimmer
- Cetacean euthanasia field guide (pdf) Drs. A Ortenburger and P-Y Daoust
Links to all Animal Welfare In Practice Symposia