The SJDAWC seeks funding from a variety of sources to support a broad range of animal welfare activities.
MANY THANKS TO OUR SUPPORTERS!
We gratefully acknowledge the sustained financial support of the Christofor and the Sir James Dunn Foundations, without which the SJDAWC would not exist. Lady Beaverbrook, whose first husband was the late Sir James Dunn, had a lifelong interest in the welfare of animals, particularly horses and dogs, and she wished to create a Centre in the Maritimes to improve the lives of animals. It is through her generosity that the SJDAWC was established.
We also thank the following organizations and individuals who have supported the SJDAWC in the last three years (and some for much longer than that):
- The Pegasus Family Foundation, through the Silicon Valley Community Foundation (Pegasus projects)
- AVC Classes of 2011 and 2001 (Pegasus Helping Hand Fund)
- The Atlantic Veterinary College
- Mr. Glenn Loranger
- Chinook Project: Government of Newfoundland and Labrador; Ann McCain Evans; Rathlyn Foundation; Valley Veterinary Clinic, Goose Bay; the Band Councils of Nain, Rigolet, Sheshatshiu, and Natuashish;Zoetis Animal Health; Proctor and Gamble; Boehringer-Ingelheim; Vétoquinol; Air Labrador; Ms. Dorris Heffron ; and the Victoria Kennel Club
- Feral cat neutering projects: Zoetis Canada; Iams and Eukanuba (P & G Pet Care)
- Halifax Veterinary Hospital, Spryfield Animal Hospital, Fairview Animal Hospital, Central Nova Animal Hospital—in memory of clients’ pets
- Dr. Lara Jamieson
- Universities Federation of Animal Welfare, UK
- Nutrience Pet Foods
- Nova Scotia Veterinary Medical Association
- The late Mr. David Madren
- The late Ms. Kay Alexandor
- Emerald Island Hunt
We are also grateful to the many generous individuals, veterinary hospitals, and other businesses, too numerous to mention, who have made a donation in memory of a beloved pet.
All donations are fully tax deductible.