The SJDAWC was pleased to host eminent animal welfare scientist Professor David Mellor, University of Massey, New Zealand, in October 2017. Much of his pioneering and well-recognized work in the animal welfare field is on animal emotions and behaviour and promotion of positive welfare states (companion animals, farm animals, other). PDFs of Dr. Mellor’s presentations are linked below.
- The Five Domains Model for animal welfare assessment
- Development of survival-critical behaviours in newborn mammals
- Breathlessness as an overlooked welfare insult in equine athletes
- Thriving, not merely surviving – a new approach to animal welfare management
- Five Domains Model – poster