Current PhD students
Graduate student from Ireland studying the transportation of animals for slaughter in Canada: current practice, welfare issues and regulatory control
Project funded by SJDAWC and the Animal Welfare Foundation of Canada
- BSc in Animal Science from Nottingham Trent University, UK. 2006
- MSc in Applied Animal Behaviour and Animal Welfare from University of Edinburgh, UK. 2008.
- Survey of euthanasia practices in animal shelters in Canada for a project funded by SJDAWC and initiated by CVMA and CFHS.
- The effects of visitor numbers on the behaviour of Bonobos (Pan Paniscus) at Twycross Zoo.
Ketan Jung Dulal
Previous PhD students
Graduate student studying environmental enrichment to reduce stress in shelter cats.
Project funded by SJDAWC
- BA (Hons) Anthropology, McMaster University, Canada (2002-2006)
- MRes Primatology, Roehampton University, UK (2007-2008)
- Research Assistant in the Centre for Research in Evolutionary Anthropology at Roehampton University, UK (Jan –August 2009)
- MRes Dissertation, Social and behavioural correlates of stress in wild male olive baboons (Papio hamadryas anubis) in Gashaka-Gumti National Park, Nigeria (March – September 2008)
- BA (Hons) ISU/Dissertation, Survey and evaluation of quality of zoological facilities (January – June 2006)
- Internship at Houston Zoo, Pongos Helping Pongos environmental enrichment programme (June – September 2005)
Rayappan Cyril Roy